An open Bible and a cup of coffee.

I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel,”
(Numbers 24:17a)

Yuri Bezmenov (1939-1993) was a Soviet journalist who also functioned as a KJB officer. Over time, Bezmenov became disillusioned with communism and its related evils. He defected to Canada in 1970 but eventually settled in Los Angeles. During the 1980’s Bezmenov gave a series of interviews and lectures in which he revealed the communist world’s strategy for conquering the west. The communists understood that a frontal, military assault would be far too risky. Even if successful, the cost was much too high. Similarly, only about 15% of their resources (wealth and manpower) were dedicated to espionage and intelligence-gathering activities in the west. The remaining 85% of the communists’ resources were dedicated to a subversion campaign. That is, the communist plan was to cause the internal collapse of the western world, the last bastion of free and responsible citizenship. This was their “long game,” and, as we can see, their tactics have paid off. Virtually every cultural megaphone has been commandeered by those who hate our country’s history, heritage, and traditional Christian values. Today we see a generation thoroughly indoctrinated into calling good evil and evil good. This the Lord regards as moral abomination (Proverbs 17:15; Isaiah 5:20). We know that, ultimately, Satan himself is the fountainhead of all the evil, wickedness, and deception we see in the world; the communists’ “long game” for taking down the western world is actually his idea. We also know that his end goal is to dominate the whole world through his man, the Antichrist. Scripture tells us he will appear to be all but successful in this endeavor during the last seven years of this dispensation (Revelation 13 cf Daniel 9:24-27). What the forces of darkness have forgotten is that God Almighty is playing a “long game” too. The only wise God (1 Timothy 1:17; Jude 1:25) Who is “from everlasting to everlasting” (Psalm 90:2) is expert at outwitting and outwaiting His enemies. At the dawn of human history, when sin and its attending horrors were introduced into the created order, God promised that the Seed of the woman would crush Satan (Genesis 3:15). This would not be realized for another 4,000 years when Jesus conquered Satan judicially at the cross (Colossians 2:14; Hebrews 2:14). As today’s verse passage reminds us, empirical realization of this amazing fact is yet to come when the Lord Jesus appears in glory (Psalm 2; Matthew 13:36-43, 24, 25). When we feel discouraged and anxious about what we see in the earth, let us remember that God’s “long game” ends with His ultimate victory over all things contrary to Christ and His people (2 Thessalonians 1:6-12; Revelation 19:11-21). Maranatha! Our Lord, come!

God bless,

pastor john