C.A.R.E. is associated with the Canadian National Baptist Convention, and as such holds to all the classical creeds of Christendom. We believe the Bible is God’s message to humankind. This remarkable book teaches that God created a very good world (Genesis 1:31) but our first human parents ruined it by rebelling against Him (Gen 3). This is called sin, and it is punishable by physical and spiritual death (Romans 6:23). Since all of us have sinned (Romans 5:12), all of us were in danger of facing God’s eternal judgment. God, however, loved the world and didn’t want this for us (1 Peter 3:9). In order to save us, God entered the human family in the Person of Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 3:16). His death on the cross paid the world’s sin debt in full (1 John 2:2). Today, the saving benefits of Christ’s redemptive work are applied to anyone who trusts in Him as their own personal Lord and Savior (Acts 16:31).
Here is a more expanded statement of faith:
- We believe the scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God,
without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of
human kind and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith, life and conduct.
- We believe in one God, creator and sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally
existing in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ, without any change in His eternal deity, became man through
conception by the Holy Spirit and virgin birth, that He died on the cross, a perfect and complete
sacrifice, in our stead and for our sins according to the scriptures. He arose from the bodily
dead, and ascended into heaven where at right hand of God the Father, He is now our High
Priest and advocate.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit. His present ministry is to glorify the
Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict sin, and to regenerate the sinner, and at the
moment of salvation to enter the believer, thereby identifying him with the body of Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit seals the believer, thus becoming his guarantee from God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells, guides, instructs, fills and empowers the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe in the reality and personality of angels, both good and fallen, including Satan, the
enemy of God and man, but whose ultimate doom is sure.
- We believe that original man, Adam, was directly created by God in his own image, but
deliberately fell into sin. The entire human race is therefore lost, being guilty before God and
everlastingly condemned, apart from Christ.
- We believe the atoning death of Jesus Christ, and His resurrection, provide the only ground
for justification and salvation for all who believe and that only such as personally receive Jesus
Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- We believe that the universal Church is composed of all such persons who through saving
faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the
body of Christ, of which He is the head, and that God has ordained the local church to be the
visible representation of the universal Church and intends for her to express the glory of God
through evangelization of the unbelieving world and the edification of the Saints.
- We believe in the imminent, personal pre-millennial return of our Lord Jesus
Christ to receive His universal Church to Himself.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all of the dead, of the believers to everlasting
blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by
believers in obedience to Christ during this present age. They are, however, not to be regarded
as a means to salvation.
- We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as would honor and glorify, and
not bring reproach on, their savior Jesus Christ, and that it is commanded by God to remain
separate from false doctrines, and sinful pleasures, practices, and detrimental associations